Passion - Commitment - History

I love Jayhawk sports. I love watching them. I love reading about them. I love writing about them. I love talking about them. I love bringing a group of friends together to watch a game. I love the emotional ups and downs that go with every play. I love spending a day in Lawrence and soaking up the history of Allen Fieldhouse and Memorial Stadium.

That is the reason for JAYTALKERS.com. It's a place for me to share my passion with Jayhawk fans around the world. I hope you enjoy it.

KEEP ROCKIN' AND CHALKIN',

Mic

Monday, February 14, 2005

More KU-Texas Tech thoughts

*Our Jayhawks played with a ton of heart. They have nothing to be ashamed of. They went in a difficult environment and competed their tails off. They deserved this win. It’s too bad the officials took the W away from them.

*Texas Tech’s students should be ashamed of themselves. The United Center wasn’t even sold out for ESPN’s Big Monday and the #2 team in the country in town. Pathetic.

*Darrell Dora hits only his fourth 3-pointer of the season to win the game. Can you say FLUKE? Of course he wouldn’t have gotten the shot had the officials done their job.

*Is it humanly possible for a Jayhawk team to get beat off the dribble more in one game? Just wondering.

*This was a well played game, with tremendous effort by both teams. It was a great college basketball game. And the officials ruined a classic game by making the wrong call and taking the game into their own hands. They should be ashamed of themselves. I know, I know..it shouldn’t have gotten to that point…but it did. And players should decide games. Not zebras.

*Did I mention the officials blew this game? I can’t even remember….which one of those morons made that horrendous call on Miles? He should forever be boo’d in Allen Fieldhouse.

*Martin Zeto had 24 pts and 6 rebs. Ross had 21 pts, 11 boards, and 7 assists. Johnson had 19 points.

*Simien had 20 points and DID NOT SCORE in either OT. 13 rebounds. His final bucket was with 3:28 left in regulation. He didn’t get ONE SHOT in the second overtime. He played 47 minutes.

*Miles had 11 points. Three 3-pointers. He played 47 minutes.

*Giddens did not score in the second period or either OT. Finished 3-of-13 shooting. 9 points in the second half. Outside of the horrible traveling call on Miles, Giddens poor shooting in both OT’s really hurt our chances of winning. He played 45 minutes.

*From Bill Self: “Exhausted right now. Unfortunate the way the game came down to the end….it was a great game…..it’s unfortunate it came down to one call…..we were up 5 and Christian let him beat him on the baseline and we fouled him….we go man the last possession, which I think was a smart play….I’m really proud of our guys…they are hurt in their right now….they are disappointed, which they should be because we had it right in our grasp….we rebounded like men…..didn’t make our free throws…Keith is playing with a hyperextended elbow…..a lot of good things tonight, but it was one we should have had…”

1 comment:

  1. What was more awful was KU blowing a 5 pt lead in double OT. Even Knight thought Tech was doomed. Then JR launches an airball with 20 on the shot clock, Miles turns it over, and the rest is history. I am extremely happy with the guts they displayed in keeping that game close without ever having the lead until the 2nd OT...I am disgusted by their performance down the stretch. Bench JR in situations like that and play Lee.

    Peter

    ReplyDelete