Passion - Commitment - History

I love Jayhawk sports. I love watching them. I love reading about them. I love writing about them. I love talking about them. I love bringing a group of friends together to watch a game. I love the emotional ups and downs that go with every play. I love spending a day in Lawrence and soaking up the history of Allen Fieldhouse and Memorial Stadium.

That is the reason for JAYTALKERS.com. It's a place for me to share my passion with Jayhawk fans around the world. I hope you enjoy it.

KEEP ROCKIN' AND CHALKIN',

Mic

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

The Glory That Is Allen Fieldhouse


Hands down, the best environment in college basketball. Once you've experienced it, you will understand. Posted by Hello

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right. If you've never seen a game in Allen, you haven't experienced college ball. I miss it. The last game I saw at Allen was when Wilt Chamberlain's jersey was retired, early 2000, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I just looked it up, January 1998 was when Wilt returned to KU. It's been longer than I thought!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you need to get back to AFH for a game....1998 is way too long in between visits to the shrine of college basketball....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll pay my airfare if you get me a ticket! It's been a long time since I've seen the 'Hawks play in Allen, but I did drive to Reno a year ago to see them play a short tournament there. That was when they looked so poor in their loss to Nevada--it was a long drive back to SF.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could get you a ticket. I get a few a year through various sources. I've also had friends who have had a lot of luck scalping just before gametime. And that Nevada game was pathetic...must have been that whole Padgett connection. :)

    ReplyDelete