Passion - Commitment - History

I love Jayhawk sports. I love watching them. I love reading about them. I love writing about them. I love talking about them. I love bringing a group of friends together to watch a game. I love the emotional ups and downs that go with every play. I love spending a day in Lawrence and soaking up the history of Allen Fieldhouse and Memorial Stadium.

That is the reason for JAYTALKERS.com. It's a place for me to share my passion with Jayhawk fans around the world. I hope you enjoy it.

KEEP ROCKIN' AND CHALKIN',

Mic

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

KU-KSU: 1st Half Thoughts

*35-25 at the half

*The Hawks played some great defense. Think about it. The Mildcats only have 25 points at half.

*KSU fans were in it to start the game. As they always are. And then they were quiet as KU continued to increase their lead.

*KSU fans sound a lot like MU fans. Boo’ing anything and everything. That’s what uneducated basketball fans do, I guess.

*KU: 47% FG KSU: 33% FG

*Is Tyler Hughes a taller version of Richie Cunningham?

*Anyone else see Jeremiah Massey stare down the KU bench after he scored early and was fouled? Hey Jeremiah? SCOREBOARD.

*Langford hit some big threes in the first half and is playing with more swagger than I’ve seen from him at any point in the season.

*Great first half for Wayne. Well on his way to another double-double.

*Nice clutch 3 point shooting from J.R. as well.

*I LOVE how our guys hit 5-of-9 from 3 point range while KSU was as hot as they’ve been all year, hitting 4-of-7 from 3 point land.

*The most impressive thing about the first half? KU remained calm, played their game, played with a swagger, and just kept on swinging.

*KSU won’t stay hot and will start missing 3’s, start turning the ball over more, etc, etc. It happens every year and a big reason why The Streak lives on.

*Self left the starters in for pretty much the entire first half. Not a whole lot of substituting, but he was subbing at key times…give the starters a quick breather…and get ‘em back in.

*Sweet alley-oop dunk to JR from Aaron. You could feel the air coming out of Bramlage with that one.

*Anyone else notice Jeremy Case sitting BEHIND the Jayhawk bench in street clothes? What’s up with that?

C’mon Hawks! More of the same in the second half.

Rock Chalk,

Mic

5 comments:

  1. wow. You are right on. I'm glad I found your site. Consider it book marked. Look forward to 2nd half analysis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And North Carolina loses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments. I'm glad you enjoy the site. it's a work in progress, but it gives me an outlet for my thoughts.

    Just curious...How did you find the site?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just flippin' through blogs. Jayhawks kind of catch my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great. Again, thanks for checking it out.

    Rock Chalk

    ReplyDelete