Passion - Commitment - History

I love Jayhawk sports. I love watching them. I love reading about them. I love writing about them. I love talking about them. I love bringing a group of friends together to watch a game. I love the emotional ups and downs that go with every play. I love spending a day in Lawrence and soaking up the history of Allen Fieldhouse and Memorial Stadium.

That is the reason for JAYTALKERS.com. It's a place for me to share my passion with Jayhawk fans around the world. I hope you enjoy it.

KEEP ROCKIN' AND CHALKIN',

Mic

Monday, April 04, 2005

Random Thoughts: National Championship postgame

1. This year’s KU team couldn’t have beaten Illinois or UNC.
2. It is mind boggling how much better these teams were than KU from 3-pt land. I believe Galindo was our third highest three point shooter, making 17, this year. I think UNC and Illinois have about 10 players combined that could make that many 3’s in their sleep.
3. It sure would be nice to have a team that had 5 players on the court at the same time that are capable of scoring.
4. It’s a lot of fun to watch transition basketball. It strikes me as the exact opposite of what KU fans watched for much of the season.
5. Both of these teams played like TEAMS are supposed to play. They knew where each other was supposed to be…they passed the ball…they played unselfishly…and they had a will to win. I think either team beats this year’s KU team handily.
6. I would have loved to see Simien go toe-to-toe with May.
7. Billy pACCker was the reason the MUTE button was invented.
8. Did the officials treat Sean May with kid gloves tonight or what?
9. Amazing that Jim Burr and Ed Hightower weren’t calling the game. Rumor has it they were at an undisclosed location calling fouls on KU.
10. I’m glad Roy got his championship, even if it was at the wrong school. He’s put in a lot of effort over a lot of years to get to the top of the mountain. It’s just too bad he had to step on a few people’s heads to get there.
11. James Augustine got screwed tonight. 5 fouls in 9 minutes? That was a huge factor in this game.
12. This win is going to make it even harder for Kansas to recruit high school athletes over UNC. UNC has the championship…and they are a Nike school….both of those things matter to young high school kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment