Passion - Commitment - History

I love Jayhawk sports. I love watching them. I love reading about them. I love writing about them. I love talking about them. I love bringing a group of friends together to watch a game. I love the emotional ups and downs that go with every play. I love spending a day in Lawrence and soaking up the history of Allen Fieldhouse and Memorial Stadium.

That is the reason for JAYTALKERS.com. It's a place for me to share my passion with Jayhawk fans around the world. I hope you enjoy it.

KEEP ROCKIN' AND CHALKIN',

Mic

Monday, April 04, 2005

Clarifying my thoughts on Roy

I’m not upset about Roy the person being gone....I’m over that part of it…...I’m upset that his decision to leave left us with a team of seniors that lost in the first round to Bucknell….and that likely wouldn’t have happened if Roy was still the coach at KU (because of continuity…not meant as a slight to Self). I’m thrilled to have Bill Self as our coach…Kansas fans will get the last laugh…and likely a championship or three….because of that.

But if you can honestly say you don’t care whether Roy wins or loses tonight, then I’m calling bullsh*t. You don’t follow a man…and a program….like all of us do for 15 years…..and then see players that we all really care about suffer a pathetic first round loss….and not hope that their former coach loses his a$$ on national television again….especially with the group of players that got Matt Doherty booted because he was too tough on them.

Again…let Roy win one….I think it would be good for all of his years and efforts….just not THIS year. Not while Simien, Langford, Miles and Lee have to watch the UNC whiners celebrating at midcourt…celebrating the championship that never would have been if Roy was a man of his word to KU’s four seniors.

No comments:

Post a Comment