Passion - Commitment - History

I love Jayhawk sports. I love watching them. I love reading about them. I love writing about them. I love talking about them. I love bringing a group of friends together to watch a game. I love the emotional ups and downs that go with every play. I love spending a day in Lawrence and soaking up the history of Allen Fieldhouse and Memorial Stadium.

That is the reason for JAYTALKERS.com. It's a place for me to share my passion with Jayhawk fans around the world. I hope you enjoy it.

KEEP ROCKIN' AND CHALKIN',

Mic

Sunday, April 03, 2005

What will make this Jayhawk fan happy?

The only thing that would make me happy at this point in the college basketball season is to see players Bill Self recruited celebrating their school’s first-ever National Championship, while Roy, the UNC players that Matt Doherty recruited who in return thanked him by getting him fired, and the arrogant Carolina administration and their fans cry about an opportunity lost.

Oh, and Wayne Simien being voted Player of the Year would be nice too….but we know that since the AP chose Utah's Andrew Bogut, it’s likely that he will get it, even though he had a quality season against inferior competition and Wayne had a tremendous season against the #1 schedule in the country (just take a look at all of the success that KU opponents had this year….South Carolina and St. Joes in the NIT final, Wisconsin-Milwaukee making a run in the tourney, the Big 12 with six teams in the tourney, etc, etc)

If there is a higher power out there that cares about college basketball, we will all go to bed on Monday night with a subdued smile on our face, Roy will be crying and will still be the most successful active coach without a championship, UNC will lose 3-4 players to the NBA, Bill Self will know he recruited the type of players that could get close the deal, and Wayne Simien will be the Naismith Player of the Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment