Passion - Commitment - History

I love Jayhawk sports. I love watching them. I love reading about them. I love writing about them. I love talking about them. I love bringing a group of friends together to watch a game. I love the emotional ups and downs that go with every play. I love spending a day in Lawrence and soaking up the history of Allen Fieldhouse and Memorial Stadium.

That is the reason for JAYTALKERS.com. It's a place for me to share my passion with Jayhawk fans around the world. I hope you enjoy it.

KEEP ROCKIN' AND CHALKIN',

Mic

Saturday, March 28, 2009

From the Sweet 16 to Spring Football Practice

As we look at this year's Sweet 16 Kansas Jayhawk team, I think we were all thrilled with how the season played out with the team winning the Big 12, Cole and Sherron on the All Big 12 team, Sherron as a 2nd team All American, and Bill Self as the National Coach of the year. It was frustrating to lose to Michigan State when we were up by as many as 13 and up 5 with 3 minutes to go. We had the game in our hands and Sherron had used up all of his playmaking ability in this tournament. It definitely was sad and frustrating to see the rest of the team fail for the 3rd time in the tournament to rally around Sherron and Cole. It really highlighted, if we're honest with ourselves, just how young this team was and how we had a couple of guys (Morningstar and Reed) that are, at best, 12-15 minutes a game type guys that were asked to do a lot more because of Mario Little's injury and lack of development as the season wore on. Our young guys pretty much hit a wall and never really were able to take it to that next level, however they got tremendous experience this year that bodes very well for next year and following years. With, in my estimation, both Sherron and Cole coming back, and a recruiting class that includes 7-footer Jeff Withey (transfer from Arizona), guard Elijah Johnson, 6'8 stud Thomas Robinson and very likely soon to be announced big-time player Lance Stephenson, the future looks very bright for another National Championship-caliber team next year.

Now it's time to focus our attention to Spring Football practice and what looks to be a very promising year for the gridiron version of the Jayhawks.

Keep Rockin and Chalkin,

Mic

No comments:

Post a Comment