Passion - Commitment - History

I love Jayhawk sports. I love watching them. I love reading about them. I love writing about them. I love talking about them. I love bringing a group of friends together to watch a game. I love the emotional ups and downs that go with every play. I love spending a day in Lawrence and soaking up the history of Allen Fieldhouse and Memorial Stadium.

That is the reason for JAYTALKERS.com. It's a place for me to share my passion with Jayhawk fans around the world. I hope you enjoy it.

KEEP ROCKIN' AND CHALKIN',

Mic

Sunday, November 04, 2007

KU FB: OSU 4th quarter collapse: Good or bad for KU?

Do you think it was good for KU or bad for KU that OSU's defense completely imploded in the 4th quarter yesterday, at home, allowing Texas to score 24 points and over 300 yards of offense?

Personally, I can't stand UT (and their arrogant fan base) and never want to see them win, however with the way it played out, I think this bodes well for the KU-OSU game because it was a huge emotional blow to OSU's players, coaches and fans. Their confidence has to be shaky as a KU team that just threw up 76 points on NU comes to town.

KU has done a good job of taking it one game at a time and I don't expect a letdown next week. Our guys will be ready just like they have been every week.

That being said, I was frustrated at times with our first half defense yesterday and, in particular, the failure of the coaching staff and players to make in-half adjustments. They made adjustments at the half as the D played better in the second half, but next week we won't have the luxury to wait until halftime because I don't expect our offense to blow up again, particularly on the road.

So while I have great confidence in our coaching staff and this team, I'm nervous about the OSU matchup as they are a better passing offense than the NU backup QB that just put up 400 passing yards and 4 TD's against the KU defense.

So, back to my original question: OSU's collapse in the 4th quarter yesterday. Good or bad for KU?

Keep Rockin' and Chalkin',

Mic

No comments:

Post a Comment