Passion - Commitment - History

I love Jayhawk sports. I love watching them. I love reading about them. I love writing about them. I love talking about them. I love bringing a group of friends together to watch a game. I love the emotional ups and downs that go with every play. I love spending a day in Lawrence and soaking up the history of Allen Fieldhouse and Memorial Stadium.

That is the reason for JAYTALKERS.com. It's a place for me to share my passion with Jayhawk fans around the world. I hope you enjoy it.

KEEP ROCKIN' AND CHALKIN',

Mic

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Self and KU have plenty of postseason success ahead

I, for one, think Self will be fine and will lead this team to some great postseason success...and soon.

Last year's team was divided, overconfident, had chemistry issues, and some wouldn't listen to Self or do what he asked.

This year's team was the youngest team in KU history and panicked under the pressure of their first NCAA Tournament game against a team that should have been higher than a #13 seed.

Just looking at L column in the last two years of the NCAA Tournament simplifies things a bit too much for me. Again, in my mind, this was Self's FIRST team at Kansas. And they are very, very young.

They are still conference champions. They are still conference tournament champions. They still put together a helluva season, including a career day against Texas in UT's backyard.

The future is very bright. Next year, this team will come back more determined and focused than any KU team in recent history.

No comments:

Post a Comment