Passion - Commitment - History

I love Jayhawk sports. I love watching them. I love reading about them. I love writing about them. I love talking about them. I love bringing a group of friends together to watch a game. I love the emotional ups and downs that go with every play. I love spending a day in Lawrence and soaking up the history of Allen Fieldhouse and Memorial Stadium.

That is the reason for JAYTALKERS.com. It's a place for me to share my passion with Jayhawk fans around the world. I hope you enjoy it.

KEEP ROCKIN' AND CHALKIN',

Mic

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Under the Radar

I just finished checking all of the major sports web sites and couldn't find one mention of KU's win in Ames, their 10th win in 12 games. We lead the nation in FG%, we've won 3 conference road games, our last home game was a dismantling of Nebraska, and our losses have been by a total of less than 20 points. Yet NO ONE is talking about Kansas on the national scene, unless they are talking about us potentially missing the NCAA tournament.

I, for one, LOVE IT. While the "experts" are slobbering all over Texas and Oklahoma, KU is putting together a very dangerous postseason team.

By the way, Digger Phelps yesterday on the GameDay set said his hottest team in college basketball was Texas. Nice call, idiot. That goes nicely with your call that ISU would beat Kansas because Kansas is "too young".

1 comment:

  1. They'll make some noise when they play in the fieldhouse against Bob Knight on national television.....lets go for four in a row..

    ReplyDelete