Passion - Commitment - History

I love Jayhawk sports. I love watching them. I love reading about them. I love writing about them. I love talking about them. I love bringing a group of friends together to watch a game. I love the emotional ups and downs that go with every play. I love spending a day in Lawrence and soaking up the history of Allen Fieldhouse and Memorial Stadium.

That is the reason for JAYTALKERS.com. It's a place for me to share my passion with Jayhawk fans around the world. I hope you enjoy it.

KEEP ROCKIN' AND CHALKIN',

Mic

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Jayhawks are a close-knit TEAM

The players on this Jayhawk team are very close and that has helped them tremendously in winning 10 of their last 12.

It is sooooooooooooo refreshing to see that after what we've witnessed in Lawrence over the last couple of years, when it was clear that there wasn't a "all for one and one for all" mentality.

I said after watching Late Night how I loved how unselfish this team is and that clearly has been a constant this season as they are all maturing together and becoming a very solid team. They truly are starting to care more about the name on the FRONT of the jersey instead of the one on the BACK.

And major kudos have to go to Bill Self and his staff for fostering that kind of environment and getting the kids to buy in.

I'm starting to believe we are witnessing a very, very special Kansas Basketball team.

No comments:

Post a Comment