Passion - Commitment - History

I love Jayhawk sports. I love watching them. I love reading about them. I love writing about them. I love talking about them. I love bringing a group of friends together to watch a game. I love the emotional ups and downs that go with every play. I love spending a day in Lawrence and soaking up the history of Allen Fieldhouse and Memorial Stadium.

That is the reason for JAYTALKERS.com. It's a place for me to share my passion with Jayhawk fans around the world. I hope you enjoy it.

KEEP ROCKIN' AND CHALKIN',

Mic

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

My Thoughts on the Darnell Jackson situation

I've been in the US=CLASS, THEM=NO CLASS boat for a long time....and I've finally recently come to the conclusion that that belief is complete horseshit.

There are, or have been, classy fans and idiot fans at every university. There are, or have been, classy players and idiot players at every university. There are, or have been, classy coaches and idiot coaches at every university. There are, or have been, classy administrators and idiot administrators at every university.

And I realize this means that I've said that MU has some classy people too. I don't have problems with them. It's the idiots I can do without....and that's regardless of what university they represent.

WE ARE KANSAS. But we are far from above the law....and I think that entire line of thinking needs to go out the window with the rest of the bathwater.

Should we strive for it as a university, as fans, as coaches, as administrators, as students, etc? Hell yes. But will there always be friggin' idiots that screw it up? Hell yes.

So we'll just keep fighting the good fight....keep having good natured rivalries.....keep cheering on our alma mater.....and roll with the punches when bad luck or misfortune falls upon our beloved university.....

I mean...what other choice do we really have? Is anyone here going to stop being interested in KU basketball or football anytime soon? I know I'm not.

Mic

2 comments:

  1. Is that you Mic Johnson?

    If so, glad to see you're still at it.

    John Keller

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, it's me...how many other Mic's do you know that are crazy about Jayhawk basketball? :)

    ReplyDelete