Passion - Commitment - History

I love Jayhawk sports. I love watching them. I love reading about them. I love writing about them. I love talking about them. I love bringing a group of friends together to watch a game. I love the emotional ups and downs that go with every play. I love spending a day in Lawrence and soaking up the history of Allen Fieldhouse and Memorial Stadium.

That is the reason for JAYTALKERS.com. It's a place for me to share my passion with Jayhawk fans around the world. I hope you enjoy it.

KEEP ROCKIN' AND CHALKIN',

Mic

Thursday, March 24, 2005

JR Giddens and Next Season

I can see next season for JR Giddens going one of two ways...and I'm praying for #2:

1. JR remains one dimensional, continues to struggle with his shot, gets a big head and starts acting like the leader of the team before the team has collectively chosen him as the leader, ends up taking a "back seat" to a younger player or players who perform better on the court, and then becomes "disgruntled" and negatively impacts the team's chemistry.

2. JR works on his game in the off-season and develops more aspects to his game so he is no longer a one-dimensional three-point shooter, learns how to dribble and create his own shot and that part of his game really develops by about mid-season, continues to joke around with players and keep the lockeroom loose, gladly accepts the role of leader AFTER the team has collectively placed that honor in his hands, continues to mature as a young man and particularly as a young man in the spotlight of Kansas basketball, becomes a solid supporter of Self and the coaching staff and what they are trying to teach, helps the younger guys get through the "sophomore slump" by sharing what he learned through his slump this season, starts to find confidence from three-point land again, starts to play with the energy and enthusiasm that he tried to unnaturally muffle, comes out and provides stronger leadership than we saw from any of the four seniors this year, comes to play EVERY night and doesn't feel like he can turn the switch on or off whenever he feels like it (hopefully he will have learned from this year's seniors), and start enjoying basketball again and becoming the contagious positive personality that we all know he has inside of him....and getting the opportunity to indirectly say "GO F*CK YOURSELF" to the idiot fans that boo'd him this season and to all of the radio personalities and others that beat him down this year.....and that he finally starts to trust people around him that truly care about him and his well being. And by season's end, he'll be leading the team back to the promised land of the NCAA Tournament....and conversations about him being a first-round pick in the NBA draft will actually be legitimate conversations.


Did I mention I'd be PRAYING hard for #2?

Rock Chalk.

Mic

3 comments:

  1. I concur on this one. J.R. seemed like a head case this season. Here's hoping he shakes it off and regains some poise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Head case is one way of putting it. Most people have no idea how many things JR has gone through in his life and in his time in Lawrence. Much of it has been brought on by oustide influences. He's just a young kid trying to figure out who to believe when, in reality, the best thing for him to do is simply play and enjoy the game. If he does that, chances are that other things in his life, on and off the court, will work out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed you blog about in memory run separate space window xp. I also have a site about in memory run separate space window xp which makes me appreciate this one even more! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete