Passion - Commitment - History

I love Jayhawk sports. I love watching them. I love reading about them. I love writing about them. I love talking about them. I love bringing a group of friends together to watch a game. I love the emotional ups and downs that go with every play. I love spending a day in Lawrence and soaking up the history of Allen Fieldhouse and Memorial Stadium.

That is the reason for JAYTALKERS.com. It's a place for me to share my passion with Jayhawk fans around the world. I hope you enjoy it.

KEEP ROCKIN' AND CHALKIN',

Mic

Friday, December 11, 2009

Tour of Allen Fieldhouse, Meeting Bill Self - A Day I Will Always Remember

A friend of mine's father is connected to the KU Athletics department and arranged for a tour of Allen Fieldhouse, which went through several renovations recently, including new offices for the men's and women's basketball coaching staffs, a new basketball-only facility, a donor atrium, new locker rooms, a new player's lounge, and more. I was totally a kid in a candy store and was thrilled at the opportunity to meet Bill Self. It was a day I will always remember and it makes me wish even more than I would have been a 6'8" basketball playing stud coming out of high school. Alas, I'm 5'11" with a 6'3" wingspan...but I love KU basketball...and my blood is crimson and blue.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=40110&id=1045691909&l=df395d97d5

Keep Rockin and Chalkin,

Mic

No comments:

Post a Comment