Passion - Commitment - History

I love Jayhawk sports. I love watching them. I love reading about them. I love writing about them. I love talking about them. I love bringing a group of friends together to watch a game. I love the emotional ups and downs that go with every play. I love spending a day in Lawrence and soaking up the history of Allen Fieldhouse and Memorial Stadium.

That is the reason for JAYTALKERS.com. It's a place for me to share my passion with Jayhawk fans around the world. I hope you enjoy it.

KEEP ROCKIN' AND CHALKIN',

Mic

Sunday, March 04, 2007

TEAM. TEAM. TEAM.

After re-watching the game last night one thing that sticks out to me is how much of a TEAM effort yesterday's win was.

Several players stepped up at various points in the game. Russell Robinson hit some big 3's early in the game and his finger-roll-with-spin layup was huge later in the game, not to mention his FT that sealed it. Mario launching 3-after-3-after-3-after-3-after-3. Sasha going on a nice spurt where he hit the boards hard and got a couple of putbacks. Brandon hitting a couple of big 3's. Julian Wright was everywhere, blocking, dunking, passing. Darrell Arthur while silent most of the day offensively had a nice 2-pt bucket in the second half. Sherron, while scoreless, had a few nice passes that led to buckets. Darnell had that sweet alley-oop dunk and a few other strong plays inside.

TEAM, TEAM, TEAM.

I turned to the guy I was with at several times in the game and said "we've got to attack on offense" and that is exactly the mentality that the team took on.

The other thing I was thinking about is: Think about how easy it would have been for our team to mentally fold the tent down 12 at half with Durant and co. completely on fire.

Folks, that shows toughness. A toughness that I don't think any team before this one under Bill Self has fully grasped. It will serve us well in the postseason.

I wish I didn't have to wait 5 days for another KU game!

Mic

No comments:

Post a Comment