Passion - Commitment - History

I love Jayhawk sports. I love watching them. I love reading about them. I love writing about them. I love talking about them. I love bringing a group of friends together to watch a game. I love the emotional ups and downs that go with every play. I love spending a day in Lawrence and soaking up the history of Allen Fieldhouse and Memorial Stadium.

That is the reason for JAYTALKERS.com. It's a place for me to share my passion with Jayhawk fans around the world. I hope you enjoy it.

KEEP ROCKIN' AND CHALKIN',

Mic

Sunday, February 04, 2007

KU-A&M Game Thoughts

Just got back from Lawrence....

Positives:
*We stayed at The Eldridge and had a wonderful dinner pre-game and several drinks post-game.
*The atmosphere around Allen Fieldhouse was electric with Jayhawk fans and ESPN Gameday.
*Since I was at the game, I didn't have to listen to Dick Vitale all night.
*Saw Dan Schulman at the bar at the Eldridge. Dude is much bigger than I thought he was.
*Saw Erin Andrews in the Eldridge lobby. Dudette is even more attractive in person.

Negatives:
*Kaun and DA played a game that would make Eric Chenowith proud. They should be ashamed.
*The officiating, especially by the grey-haired official, was horrendous in the early part of the game. I would guess that the officials alone cost us 10-12 posessions.
*I like Bill Self, but he made some moves yesteray that cost his team the game. Make the South 1-31 in Allen Fieldhouse. If you aren't doubting Bill Self after Bradley, Bucknell, DePaul, Oral Roberts and now A&M after an 11 pt lead, then you can call yourself a pollyanna.
*This team is one of the most frustrating KU teams I've ever watched. As I've said before, you have no idea which team, or which players, are going to show up night in and night out.
*The entire country got to see KU lose at home on a day when ESPN gives us more publicity than we could ask for.
*My WWF is always 10 with this team, no matter how Mark breaks it down.
*I still can't believe we gave up a 17-4 run to end the game. Bill Self, his staff and this team should be embarrassed today.To call it a chokejob would be a compliment.
*A&M is a damn good team and Billy Gillespie is a damn good coach. 0-16 three years ago and Billy Gillespie has them playing better than his mentor's team of McDonald's All Americans.
*This team is not tough mentally. This team is not tough physically.
*We have all of the "talent" a coach could ask for, but I honestly don't think Bill Self knows fully yet how to coach this much talent.
*I believe this team will win their first round NCAA tourney game and then "relax" because the pressure is off and lay an egg in a second round loss.
*It appears the best coach currently in Kansas wears purple every game. I can't believe the success Huggins and KSU are having right now. They are playing consistently better basketball than our very own Jayhawks.
*Words cannot describe how deflated the Jayhawk fans and AFH were after that loss. It was one big bowl of depression. And I'm still depressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment