Passion - Commitment - History

I love Jayhawk sports. I love watching them. I love reading about them. I love writing about them. I love talking about them. I love bringing a group of friends together to watch a game. I love the emotional ups and downs that go with every play. I love spending a day in Lawrence and soaking up the history of Allen Fieldhouse and Memorial Stadium.

That is the reason for JAYTALKERS.com. It's a place for me to share my passion with Jayhawk fans around the world. I hope you enjoy it.

KEEP ROCKIN' AND CHALKIN',

Mic

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Some things never change

The LJWorld continues to report on our former coach.

Roy continues his annual summer "aw shucks, I suck at golf" comments.

Finally, rumors have it that Roy's back has been ailing him for a couple of years due to a big load of guilt on his shoulders. Doctors say the guilt can not ever be removed.-- Mic


Tar Heels coach battling bad back
Posted Saturday, June 24, 2006

North Carolina basketball coach Roy Williams disclosed at his annual summertime news conference that he is having back and leg pain caused by sciatica.
The former Kansas University coach told Carolina media members he may need back surgery.
The Winston-Salem Journal reports Williams has had 10 appointments with a chiropractor, eight with an acupuncturist and has taken three epidural shots.
"And I can't break 80," Williams said of his golf game. "I've got a bulging disk that is pinching the sciatic nerve. It's very painful at times. Down the road there's probably going to have to be some surgery but I think with the medical people we have here I can push that way down the road.
"My golf game's worse — I think I'll go down in history as having the best reputation and the worst game of any golfer ever."

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see the ljworld continues to report on the news that matters.

    ReplyDelete